10th & 11th October 2019 – Florence, Italy
Skillman.eu Network launches the 5th edition of the yearly SIF – SKILLMAN.EU INTERNATIONAL FORUM 2019 on “Curriculum design, Sectoral skills development and Ethical issues on Advanced Manufacturing sector” – October 10th and 11th 2019.
In 2019, the SIF will be hosted in Florence, Italy, at the national fair on education DIDACTA, promoted by INDIRE, the National Institute for Documentation, Innovation and Educational Research of the Italian Ministry of Education.
The SKILLMAN.EU INTERNATIONAL FORUM 2019 explores the following four dimensions:
DAY 1 | 10.10.2019 @ 14.00 – 18.00
DAY 2 | 11.10.2019 @ 09.00 – 18.00
Link to Detailed Programme live updating
- 4 Keynote speeches (duration 20′)
- 5 Specialised speeches (duration 15′)
- 1 Panel of Experts (duration 55′)
- 10 Thematic Workshops (duration 90′) Participants will be involved in active groups to reflect on workshop topics and to produce concrete output and policy recommendations.
- 10 Workshop followup sessions (duration 15′)
- 2 Networking meetings and pitch tables (duration 3′)
- The Awards ambassadors Ceremony (duration 40′)
- The Policy paper pillars of the skillman 2019 vision – OFFICIAL DECLARATION (duraiton 20′)
Didacta is organised by Firenze Fiera, together with the main institutions of the territory (Tuscany Region, Florence City Council, Chamber of Commerce of Florence) and Didacta International, with the support of the Italian Chamber of Commerce for Germany (Itkam) and Florence Convention & Visitors Bureau.
INDIRE, the National Institute for Documentation, Innovation and Educational Research of the Italian Ministry of Education is responsible for the scientific planning of Fair Didacta Italy. Fiera Didacta Italia is also supported by the MIUR – Ministry of Education, Universities and Research, the Department of European Policies of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers, the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Italy, the Italo-German Centre Villa Vigoni, Unioncamere and Assocamerestero.
To take part to any of the SIF events it is compulsory to subscribe online in advance.
-> Online Webinars and SIF (you will receive invitation link one week before the event). Please remember to subscribe SIF and to prebook with the Skillman channel
Please note that nevertheless SIF is free access, to reach the SIF venue it’s necessary to own a valid ticket for admission at the DIDACTA fair of education (14 euros/day). The ticket can be bought at the entrance of the DIDACTA fair.
The infrastructures of the city and the Fair are in constant development: from spring 2018 there is a new tram stop near the main entrance of the Fortress.
Over 30,000 square meters of exhibit surface, 4 Pavilions and common areas.
Arriving by plane
- International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci”, (code IATA FLR) is 4 km from the city centre and can be easily reached by taxi and Ataf/Sita shuttle service “Vola in bus” which connects the airport with the central railway station “Santa Maria Novella” in only 15/20 minutes.
Florence is well linked with the rest of the world through connections with Rome Fiumicino, Milan Malpensa and the main European capitals (Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Munich, Paris, Vienna). The main car rental services can be found at the airport.For further information: Airport of Florence – www.aeroportofirenze.it – tel. +39 055 30615
- Pisa International Airport (code IATA PSA) is 80 km from Florence city centre and is connected to the Tuscany capital by train (departure every hour) and Terravition gran turismo buses. For information on timetables and tickets visit the website www.terravision.eu Besides aircrafts on regular services there are also low-cost flights operating in Pisa airport.For further information: Pisa International Airport –www.pisa-airport.com -tel. +39 050 849300
- Following the improvement of the railway line “Freccia Rossa” which connects Florence and Bologna in only 35 minutes, Bologna Airport (code IATA BLQ) is today an easy stopover to reach Florence.
For further information: Bologna International Airport – www.bologna-airport.it – tel +39 051 6479615
Arriving by train
The other two railway stations of Florence (Rifredi and Campo di Marte) are 10 minutes from Santa Maria Novella Station and are well connected with local busses and scheduled busses.
Arriving by car
The da Basso Fortress is only 4 km from the A1 motorway (exit: Florence north or south).
Forum 2018 participants per country